Over the years the walls of our homes inevitably need some TLC. You can expect to find a crayon masterpiece on a child’s bedroom wall or scratches, fingerprints, smudges in a living room, kitchen and bathroom.
Typically, the first step is a light wash down, using a solution of mild detergent and water. However, cleaning the surface runs its course and the only next acceptable solution is a paint touch up.
If you had a busy holiday season entertaining or with visiting family and friends then it is likely that your home is taken a beating and may be in need of some refreshing.
With 10 more months to go in 2019, this might be the right time for a small investment of time and money such as this.
If you choose your paint touch-up projects from among the following five areas, you will make a big impact on the appearance of your home.
1. Interior Wood Trims – Wood trims receive a fair share of scraps and nicks. A fresh coat of paint on faded interior trims restores the trims to their original lustre and improves overall home décor.
2. Doors – Both interior and exterior doors experience fading and discoloration. Start with the front entrance door because this makes an immediate impression.
3. Bathroom – With a steady stream of traffic, high levels of moisture, cleaning and disinfecting, bathrooms are always in need of some maintenance. Since the bathroom is usually a small space, you can complete an entire paint touch up job in a day.
4. Kitchen – With a constant flow of dust, moisture, and airborne grease, surfaces in the kitchen come under serious abuse. Performing touch-up painting in the kitchen provides an easy and inexpensive solution to making your favourite space look great again.
5. Garage – This high-traffic, heavy use area is largely ignored because one tends to spend less time in there but an annual clean up and paint touch up must be considered.
Pic credit – https://www.freepik.com/free-photos-vectors/woman