Getting your home ready to sell does not have to be a daunting task. With a little planning, your return on investment will be well worth it.
The most economical way to make your home look fresh and attractive to potential buyers is by giving it a fresh coat of paint.
The first thing a buyer will see is the exterior walls. It creates the first impression, so it is important you pay particular attention to the exterior and entrance of your home.
Your exterior paint should do the following:
- Complement the other homes in the neighbourhood. You don’t want to stick out like a sore thumb.
- Reflect the character of the architecture.
- Highlight architectural features you want to stand out. Example – French windows, pillars, columns, etc.
- Hide features like drainpipes by painting them the same colour as the house.
- Blend in with the environment – sand, stones, shrubs and trees in the area.
- Make a home look bigger than it really is with the right colour choice. Lighter colours can help you achieve this, just as painting a big house on a small property a darker colour will make it more proportional to the size of the property.
Colour is very personal. Bright yellow may be your “happy” colour, but some potential buyers might find it too distracting. White can look cold and clinical to some. Feature walls appeal to only a few and they need to match with potential buyers’ home decor and ideas.
We suggest you play it safe with neutral shades that have much broader appeal, plus they never go out of fashion. Neutral colours are non-distracting and considered more friendly than white, a great background colour allowing potential buyers to imagine their own furnishings in the space.
Neutral colours don’t need to be boring. Earthy tones, like sand, create a warm welcoming feel. They are soothing and relaxing and work well with most other colours. They also add warmth and balance rooms with lots of stone, metal or glass.
Ceilings and skirtings painted white will frame the wall. If you want the walls to appear higher, then paint the skirting the same colour as the wall.
Adding plants and green to your home will link it to nature, which is very trendy right now.
Call us to find the perfect paint colours.
(All pics taken from pexels.com)