Get that accent wall without the stress! Here are some ingenious hacks to making one of the most satisfying (but also frustrating) jobs in home renovation far smoother.
1. Use tin foil or plastic bags to save paint trays and have faster cleanup time: Wrap tin foil around your paint tray before adding paint. Once you’re done, you can remove it, crumple it up, and toss it directly into the trash can.
2. Sweep the walls with a soft broom: Take your soft broom from the floor to the wall to clean up dirt and other debris prior to painting.
3. Clean your brush with fabric softener: A good warm soak will leave your brush feeling soft, new and freshly scented.
4. Clean a crusty brush with vinegar: Don’t toss that old, crusty brush, give it a good soak in vinegar. It will be as good as new again.
5. Prep your roller with warm water: Prepping your roller with warm water will help paint stick to the roller and the surface of the wall better.
Visit our website for more handy tips, tricks and ‘dos and don’ts’ that will help keep the stress out of all your painting projects!